ISTQB WORLDWIDE SOFTWARE TESTING PRACTICES REPORT 2017-18
The report evaluating the results of the survey conducted by ISTQB with 2063 participants from 92 countries around the world covers valuable analyzes and trends about the software testing industry.
Trends highlighted in the report:
- About 22% of companies allocate 26% to 40% of their IT budget for testing.
- 61% of companies expect an increase in their testing budgets in the next 12 months.
- The most implemented test types are functional, performance, security and usability tests, respectively.
Testers most often continue their careers as test analysts, test managers, or technical test analysts.
- The trends that will be talked about the most in the software testing industry in the coming years: 63.7% Test Automation, 57.5% Agile Testing, 49% Security Testing, 43.8% Cloud Testing, 41.3% Mobile Testing, 34.1% Continuous Testing.
For more, you can download and review the report for free.
ISTQB® WORLDWIDE SOFTWARE TESTING PRACTICES REPORT 2015-16
The Worldwide Software Testing Practices Report prepared by ISTQB® is now available! The report evaluating the software testing industry in terms of organization and finance, with surveys conducted with 3200 participants from 89 countries around the world includes valuable analyzes about software testing techniques, tools and processes.
- In the next 12 months, 59.2% of companies are expected to increase their test budget.
- 76.7% of companies have a testing team responsible for software testing.
- 42% of companies allocate 11% to 25% of their IT budget for testing.
- Test automation is the area that is expected to receive the most consultancy with a rate of 47.6% in the upcoming period.
- Agile methodologies are used in approximately 70% of IT projects.
- 72.9% of the industry thinks that education on software testing is important.
- In addition to technical competencies, social skills come to the fore in companies' test specialist recruitment processes.
- Kariyerine test uzmanı olarak başlayan kişilerin kariyer yollarında olan test analisti, test yöneticiliği gibi ünvanlara CIO, CTO gibi yönetimsel ünvanlar da eklenmiş durumda.