Turkish Testing Board Code of Ethical Behavior and Professional Standards
- As a Certified Software Tester and someone who is entitled to use the "ISTQB® Certified Tester" logo (hereinafter referred to as certified tester or member), I accept the articles mentioned in the Code of Ethical Behavior and Professional Standards agreement determined by the Turkish Testing Board, and that I declare that I will abide by the rules. I know and accept that a person who knowingly and willingly violates these rules established by the Turkish Testing Board may be subject to professional criminal action by TTB® (Turkish Testing Board).
- Regarding the ISTQB® Certification Program; persons who are or are not candidates to become certified test specialists are obliged to make a true and honest statement regarding the information requested directly or indirectly in all aspects. This situation includes the following subjects and is not limited to these subjects only; accreditation applications, exam applications, certification, answer sheets and candidate information.
- In case of a concrete violation of TTB® Ethical Behavior and Professional standards while testing software in information technology projects, the certified tester is responsible for reporting this situation.
- The certified tester is responsible for cooperating with local ISTQB® institutions in their country on violations of ethical rules and collecting necessary information.
- The certified tester is obliged to comply with the TTB® Code of Ethical Behavior and Professional Standards.
- The certified tester is responsible for communicating professionally and ethically while operating in the ISTQB®, TTB® and software testing communities. While doing this, care should be taken not to make any false information.
- The certified tester is obliged to respect the ISTQB® and TTB® organizations and the staff and volunteers working in these organizations.
- The certified tester is responsible for ensuring that the reputation of ISTQB® and TTB® is not tarnished.
Responsibilities of the Certified Tester for Professional Practices
- Responsible for providing accurate information about their experience, performance and experience.
- Responsible for presenting software testing in a fully authorized and qualified manner.
- Responsible for complying with state and country regulations, professional ethical standards and laws while testing software.
- They should respect the assurances and privileges given to them.
Professional Development Responsibilities
- Responsible for disseminating the TTB® Ethical Behavior and Professional Standards.
- Responsible for supporting well-qualified testers for the healthy development of the testing industry.
- Responsible for making sure that the reputation of other experts is not damaged by bad faith, indifference and misinformation.
- Responsible for keeping their competencies, skills and knowledge up to date.
- Responsible for reflecting their time and knowledge to their work in the best way possible.
Customer and Public Responsibilities
- They should only provide services in the areas they are competent.
- Must respect the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information obtained during their professional activities.
- Responsible for protecting information technology systems, applications and the value of information.
- Responsible for respecting the trust given to them and the privileges provided by this trust.
ISTQB® Certified Tester Logo Usage Rules
- It can be used by certificate holders for each level as follows. The use of the logo is prohibited, except as stated below.
- ISTQB® Foundation Level
- ISTQB® Foundation Level – Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Foundation Level – Performance Testing Specialist
- ISTQB® Full Advanced Level
- ISTQB® Advanced Level – Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Advanced Level – Test Manager
- ISTQB® Advanced Level – Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Advanced Level – Test Automation Engineer
Conflict of Interests and Other Prohibited Situations
- Refrain from situations such as offering or receiving gifts or bribes, which they may consider as personal gain against the regulations.
- Anyone who has a business relationship with TTB® and/or ISTQB® on subjects such as education, examination, administration, volunteering agrees to abide by the above rules.
- A person who has registered for the exam has the right to postpone the exam entry date only once.
- In case of suspension or cancellation of the certificate, the certified information of the certificate owner in TTB® and ISTQB® will be removed. The relevant certificate owner shall return the aforementioned certificates and/or certificates to TTB®.
- Candidates must connect to the online exam system half an hour before the start of the exam and make the necessary checks.
- Before the exam starts, participants must take out their ID cards on the table. Participants who do not declare their identity document or driver's license are not allowed to take the exam because their identity confirmation cannot be made.
- During the exam, candidates are prohibited from cheating, screen recording and taking screenshots, asking questions to the proctors except for systemic problems, taking photos of exam questions or duplicating them in any way. The answers given by the candidates who act in this and/or similar suspicious behavior to the exam will be deemed invalid and their exams will be canceled.
- It is against the exam rules for the candidates to smoke tobacco products, use dictionaries and auxiliary tools that serve as dictionaries, eat food and behave in a way that disrupts the exam order.
- In the exams that will be evaluated by TTB® and ISTQB® and result in cheating, the answers given by the relevant candidates to the exam will be deemed invalid and their exams will be canceled.
- Complying with the exam rules is the candidate's main duty. Candidates who violate the rules will not be able to continue the exam. The identities and defects of these candidates will be clearly written in the exam report and it will be stated in the exam report that the exams will be invalid.
- Participants who are 10 minutes late after the determined exam time can be taken to the exam. The proctor will decide whether people who are more than 10 minutes late can attend the exam or not. In case of failure of the exam, a new date will be determined.
- Exam questions, exam answers and exam answer keys are international. The said exam questions, exam answers and exam answer keys can be used in local boards and/or accredited exam centers authorized to hold ISTQB® exams around the world.
- Exam questions, exam answers and exam answer keys are confidential information belonging to ISTQB® and ISTQB® affiliated local boards and/or accredited exam centers. Even if requested by the participant after the exam, due to confidentiality rules, exam questions, exam answers and exam answer key cannot be shared with the participant under any circumstances.
- Since the exams are translated from English to Turkish, it is recommended to consider the English language of the questions first. The Turkish Testing Board is not obliged to translate the questions into Turkish. TTB® is not responsible for Turkish semantics in the booklets translated by the translation group to assist the participants.
- System access details (technical details, time, etc.) required for the exam are sent to all participants via email before the exam. Turkish Testing Board is not responsible for the emails that do not reach the participant due to incorrect or illegible e-mail addresses in the registration form. If the participant does not receive the notification email up to 3 days before the exam, they should contact TTB.
- ISTQB® Foundation Level Exam Results are shared at the end of the exam day.
- ISTQB® Advanced Level results are announced by email on Friday after 2 weeks of the exam or next Monday.
Sharing of Personal Data
The method of collection and storage of personal data; Your personal data that you share with our association may be collected verbally, in writing or electronically through automatic or non-automatic methods, offices, branches, call center, website, social media channels, mobile applications and similar means. Your personal data will be stored in electronic and/or physical media. Necessary business processes are designed and technical security infrastructure developments are implemented in order to prevent your personal data provided and stored by our association from being exposed to unauthorized access, manipulation, loss or damage in the environments where they are stored. Your personal data will be processed by taking all necessary information security measures, provided that it is not used outside of the purposes and scope notified to you, and will be stored and processed during the legal retention period or, if such a period is not foreseen, for the period required by the processing purpose. When this period expires, your personal data will be removed from the data streams of our Association by deletion, destruction or anonymization methods.
Transfer of Personal Data;
Your personal data may be transferred within the scope of Laws and other legislation and for the purposes described:
- Turkish Testing Board brands;
- To the Provincial Directorate of Associations, to which the Turkish Testing Board is affiliated.
- To ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board), to which Turkish Testing Board is affiliated.
- To our representatives, who we have authorized and who act on behalf of our association,
- Regulatory and supervisory authorities, public institutions or organizations that are authorized to explicitly request your personal data in their applicable laws,
- Business partnerships, supplier and contractor companies, banks, credit risk and financial institutions and other real or legal persons within the scope of the stated purposes,
- Tax and similar consultants, obligatory persons related to legal proceedings, institutions and organizations and third parties, including auditors, and for the above-mentioned purposes, domestic and foreign, business partners, service providers authorized third party individuals and organizations,
Your rights in accordance with Article 11 Personal Data Protection Law; By applying to our association, your personal data;
- Learning whether it is processed or not,
- Requesting information if processed,
- Learning the purpose of processing and whether it is used in accordance with its purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to whom it was transferred in the country / abroad,
- Requesting correction if it is incomplete / incorrectly processed,
- Requesting deletion / destruction within the framework of the conditions stipulated in Article 7 of the PDPL,
- Requesting notification of the transactions made in accordance with subparagraphs (e) and (f) above, to the third parties to whom it has been transferred,
- Objecting to the emergence of a result against you due to the analysis exclusively by automated systems,
- You have the right to demand the compensation of the damage in case you suffer damage due to unlawful processing.
Pursuant to paragraph 1 of Article 13 of the PDPL, you can submit your request to exercise your above-mentioned rights in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Authority..
I declare that I have read, understood, accepted the Code of Ethical Behavior and Professional Standards and will abide by the rules.