ISTQB® Effectiveness Survey 2019-20
The 2019-2020 edition of the “Effectiveness Survey” study, which is implemented every 2 years around the world in line with the principle of monitoring the software testing market and trends, which is one of the founding purposes of ISTQB®, by the significant contributions of TTB, completed with the participation of more than 2,000 professionals from 89 countries. The survey contributing to the further development of the training and certification scheme, helps ISTQB® to develop the curriculum to reflect changing testing practices and meet market demands.
You can download the survey study, which provides useful information for anyone interested in the testing industry, by clicking the button below.
The 2016-2017 edition of the “Effectiveness Survey” study, which is implemented every 2 years around the world in line with the principle of monitoring the software testing market and trends, which is one of the founding purposes of ISTQB® with the significant contributions of Turkish Testing Board, has been published with attending of more than 2000 professional from 84 countries.
Some of the questions have answer in the report:
– In which areas do test managers direct their employees for career development?
– What are the most in-demand certifications?
– What are the test topics that will come to the fore the most in the near future?
In order to contribute to the development of the software testing industry, ISTQB conducted an international online survey in 2013 with the participation of test engineers and managers from different parts of the world.
Highlights of the First ISTQB Effectiveness Survey
- 80% of Test Engineers have ISTQB Foundation Level software test certificate for career development; 70% take it to improve their software testing competencies.
- 75% of Test Managers think that ISTQB software test certificates have a positive effect on test quality in IT projects.
- 91% of Test Engineers and 94% of Test managers are very satisfied with ISTQB Foundation Level software certification. They also recommend this certification to other colleagues.
- ISTQB Foundation Level exams are seen as a reliable source to measure a candidate's knowledge.
- 75% of Test Managers prefer their employees to have Foundation Level certification.
- Approximately 75% of Test Managers and 63% of Test Engineers consider it important to obtain their advanced certification.
- Certification exams at the Expert level, which comes after the Advanced Level, attract a lot of attention.
- When we look at the world and the industry, there is a high demand for Agile certification (85% of the respondents were interested in Agile certification).
- 70% of the respondents think that accredited training institutions play a major role in their success in certification exams.
- According to the report, at the beginning of the topics that are getting more and more important in the software testing industry: Agile testing, Performance testing, Mobile Application Testing and Usability Testing.